Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Tree Tutuorial




CHRISTMAS TREE TUTORIAL

This will be my first tutorial for 2011, and this project is so easy I know you'll want to make your own Christmas Tree.  Supplies you will need:  Poster board, hot glue gun, Mod Podge, acrylic paints, lace, trims, beads, flowers.  I have accumulated a variety of trims over the years.  When shopping I find its best to create a small goodie bag of trim, don't forget to check out both the wedding section as well as the children's bead section, you will save money this way.  

Step 1:  Make your cone with your poster board. Tape, staple or hot glue it together.  Next you will paint your base any color you like using acrylic paints, I selected to paint my gold.

Step 2:  Add your base layer of fabric, trim, or lace.  I purchased this lace just recently at a garage sale and used it as my base layer.   Layer your lace on to the poster board with Mod Podge and allow to dry completely.  I let mine dry over night before going on to the next step.  

Step 3:  Begin with the wide trim at the top and wrap it down the tree, I then added the beaded trim . Next a small strand of pearls, and lastly the large beads.  These large beads were in the children's section, I just cut them off the strand and hot glued those babies on.  






Step 4:  To create my tree topper I selected flowers from the bridal section, hot glued them into the hole at the top of my cone.  

TA DA, the completed Christmas Tree


This tree stands about 19 inches tall but you can make yours any size you'd like using different colors,  trims, beads, pearls, etc.  

Please send me pictures of the ones you make and leave a comment.
xxx
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment