Sunday, July 31, 2011

Decorative Bali Lantern Workshop

Decorative Bali Lantern Workshop

On Saturday, I had the pleasure of teaching how to make a Decorative Bali Lantern which is fashioned after the Balinese lanterns made for celebrations.  The twist is in the materials used to make the lantern.  My student, Kristen graduated from college with an art degree, and is now teaching art to high school students.  After talking about products, materials and doing some demonstrations, it was time for Kristen to work.  In this workshop, I gave Kristen the option to make a large or small lantern.

demonstration with a smile

Kristen painting her background

Kristen lettering her panels

Kristen's putting her lantern together


Kristen's completed lantern

One happy student.  LOVE IT!!

Here are a couple that I recently completed.  The quote on the lantern is all mine!!!

It's also fun to make triangle shape lanterns.

This is the lantern that was published in Somerset Studio Magazine.

In closing, I would like to thank my dear teacher Lisa Engelbrecht for the inspirational video.

Your Creative Friend
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment