Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Closing a Chapter

On Friday I said good-bye to my last retail employer.  I've decided that in order to pursue my calligraphic aspirations I will need to find a 9 to 5 job.  I developed a special friendship with a fellow coworker Rebecca, who was very interested in calligraphy.  On those very slow days and evenings I found myself teaching some basic techniques about copperplates script. Using a pencil and scrap paper I demonstrated the thick and thin lines of the letter shapes.  To encourage Rebecca to continue learning about copperplates script I gave her this folder full of paper with guidelines, samples of upper and lower case lettering.  I'm thankful for this wonderful opportunity to share my love of lettering. 



The color of the folder is purple, I use Dr. Martin Bleed Proof White Ink, Hunt 56 nib and Miracle Wedge paint brush to make the rose.  

Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment